Call for Artists
Posters and Pints was founded in Northeast Minneapolis—a nationally recognized art district, and home to a growing number of craft breweries. Our one-day event offers artists a pop-up gallery, breweries a unique audience, and our partner Art Buddies with a laid-back fundraising environment. We’re seeking printmakers, designers and illustrators who share our passion for art, community and philanthropy.
New artist applicants should submit 3 portfolio samples of work, choose your strongest pieces. Don’t delay, the deadline is midnight April 3rd. We will notify you on or before April 4th that are you chosen to be in the show, at that time, we will send you an artist agreement to sign & complete on or before April 8th, 2016. You will have approximately 2 months to concept, create and print an edition of 30 posters.
Create a poster related to craft beer, home brewing or beer-related activities. Posters should not promote or advertise a specific brewery or beer, and must be original artwork produced for the show.
- Make a poster, printed in a minimum quantity of 30 prints, all signed and numbered (1/30, etc.), kept flat for storage (not rolled or folded), no larger than 20×26 inches.
- Provide Posters & Pints with display copy in addition to your numbered prints and label it AP (artist proof). This will become the property of Posters & Pints.
- Deliver the display and sale copies of posters to event organizers the week of May 27th. We will verify all prints are counted and accounted for in the sale process.
- Share a little about yourself on the artist page on our website.
- Spread the word! Tweet, Instagram, FaceBook and our website are good places to start. You can show snippets of your work, but don’t reveal the final product until the day of show.
- Attend the show on Saturday, June 11th at 6pm. Have fun! It’s Free admission for you & a friend.
- April 3rd: call for artists closes
- April 4th: selected artists will be announced
- April 8th: artist agreement due
- May 27th: posters due this week
- June 11th: attend the art show + beer tasting
- June 26th: pick up posters this week + get paid
Call for Artists is closed.
In 2014, over 700 people attended our first-annual show. Featuring forty artists and a dozen craft breweries, our event grabbed the attention Twin Cities art and beer aficionados. Posters and Pints attendees are the influencers of tomorrow.
Getting the Word Out
Posters and Pints was featured in over 50 print and digital publications including: CityPages, Eater Minneapolis, L’etoile, Minnesota Monthly, Minneapolis Egotist and the Star Tribune. We received online support from The Growler magazine who provided sponsored advertising space, as well as recognition from Thrifty Hipster, who featured us in an event re-cap and photo gallery. The show was highlighted in the CityPages A-List (print edition) and the Weekend Round-up. Our street team distributed 2,000 postcards to over 200 metro locations ranging from coffee shops, gift shops, design firms, breweries, liquor stores and restaurants.
A portion of the proceeds from ticket & posters sales goes to our charity partner, Art Buddies. They help pair creative mentors with kids from low-income families at partnering elementary schools. The creative mentors that make Art Buddies possible, come from a wide range of professional fields. They help children foster their own creativity, instill confidence, and dream of a brighter future.