Posters and Pints, together with Summit Brewing Company present an unique opportunity for fresh talent to launch their career.
The winner of the First Impressions Contest will have a poster printed, all-expenses-paid, through the generosity of Summit Brewing Company. We will print an edition of 50 posters to be showcased and available for sale at the Posters and Pints event on May 30th, 2015. The recipient is encouraged to make their design reap the most out of this unique opportunity.
Applicants must have a valid student I.D., be at least 21 years in age and enrolled in a local post-secondary arts program in 2015.
Applicants must present proof of age, a valid student I.D., a letter of intent and at least three portfolio examples of their work no later than Monday, May 4th, 2015. Submissions must be of prior work; concept sketches will not be accepted. The winner will be chosen by jury, and be based on concept, technique and execution of the examples provided. The winner will be notified Tuesday May 4th and will have until Monday, May 18th to complete their original design for the printer.
Meet Isaac Burton, winner of the Summit Brewing Company & Posters and Pints First Impressions Contest in 2014.
First Impressions Contest Official RulesOne winner will be selected to have fifty 18×24 1-color screen print or thirty 11×17 color copies of an original poster design printed Posters and Pints (a value of $350.00) to be sold at the pop-up art show May 30th, 2015. Posters and Pints is solely responsible for the content of this contest.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase of a product or service from Posters and Pints or any of its sponsored companies will not improve the chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Participation requires Internet access.
2. CAN I PARTICIPATE? To participate in the Posters and Pints First Impressions Contest you must:
– Be 21 years or older
– Have a student ID valid for 2015
– Be enrolled in a local post-secondary arts program in 2015
– Live in Minnesota, USA
– Provide at least 3 portfolio examples (concept sketches will not be accepted)
– Provide a letter of intent
– Complete submission between April 28, 12:00 PM and May 4th, 2015, 12:00 PM CST
– Employees of Posters and Pints and it sponsors, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, web site providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Contest and the immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to win.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Posters and Pints First Impressions Contest will be accepting entries online starting at or about 12:00 PM (CST) April 28, 2015 and ending at 12:00 PM (PM) May 3rd, 2015 (The “Contest Period”). All online entries must be received by 12:00 PM (CST) May 4th, 2015. Participants assume all risk of lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Posters and Pints and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must be submitted online. Internet access is required.
4. HOW DO I ENTER? One entry per person. You must enter online at http://postersandpints.com/first-impressions/. Submitting an entry constitutes agreeing to the terms of these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor and/or its designee, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost due to any reason, all of which will be voided. Each submission of an Entry Form and an Entry Piece shall constitute an entry (“Entry”). A new entry is required to be included in future contests.
ENTRY FORM REQUIREMENTS. Entry must be made via the entry form located at http://postersandpints.com/first-impressions/ and include the following required fields: name, email, letter of intent, portfolio link or 3 sample file attachments and rules acceptance.
ENTRY PIECE REQUIREMENTS. (a) Entry must be made online through First Impressions located at the Posters and Pints website http://postersandpints.com/first-impressions/. (b) In the Entry Piece you must demonstrate a thoughtful letter of intent and three or more portfolio samples. (c) Posters and Pints will be looking for a creative, original and convincing response to select as the winner. (d) Any language appearing on the Entry Piece must be in English. (e) Entry Pieces must be tasteful. Language will be evaluated by Posters and Pints based on context and societal acceptability. Content must be intended for a professional audience and must, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Posters and Pints or Summit Brewing Company, be suitable for a general audience and must not contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content. (f) Entry Piece must not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service. (g) Entry Piece must not contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than as owned by the Entrant). (h) Any elements appearing in an Entry Piece, must be the Entrant’s own original work, created solely by the Entrant. Use of anything that is not the Entrant’s own original work, may result in disqualification. (i) Posters and Pints reserves the right to reject any Entry that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of these content related requirements.
If the content of the Entry Piece does not meet the requirements listed above, the Entry Piece will not be considered.
ENTER ONLINE. Entry must be made using the form located at http://postersandpints.com/first-impressions/. Before submitting your Entry, you must verify that you have read and agree to these Official Rules.
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL ENTRIES. By submitting an entry (or accepting any prize), each Entrant understands and agrees that their Entry Piece and name may be posted online by Posters and Pints and Summit Brewing Company, without further compensation or review, and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to edit any entry in whole or in part or request submitters to do so, in order to be viewable online. Entrant further agrees to release Posters and Pints and Summit Brewing Company from any and all claims that any such use by Posters and Pints and Summit Brewing Company, including any commercial advertising presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor, infringes the Entrant’s rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in its Entry.
5. WHAT CAN I WIN? The Winner will have 50 copies of an original poster design printed by Posters and Pints (a value of $350.00) to be sold at the pop-up art show May 30th, 2015. Winners will be notified on or before May 5th, 2015 12:00 PM. To redeem the prize, winners must submit concept sketches by May 4th, 2015 12:00 PM and submit a print production review May 11th, 2015 12:00 PM. The winner is solely responsibly for meeting all printing requirements without aid or assistance from Posters and Pints. Under the laws of winner’s state of residence are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by the acceptance of the prize. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or otherwise redeemed. Posters and Pints is not responsible for any costs associated with accepting or otherwise using the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Posters and Pints and its sponsors (Summit Brewing Company) to use winner’s name, likeness, and Entry Piece for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.